Primary Science is an enquiry-based core subject in SPN-21 curriculum to provide pupils with scientific literacy for them to participate in a technologically changing and dynamic world.
- to prepare pupils for lifelong learning through enhancing their natural curiosity, basic scientific thinking and practical skills
- to learn solve problems through evidenced logical and responsible decisions by basic reasoning and creative thinking in the scientific knowledge, process skills and appropriate values and attitudes domains
- to develop understanding of basic scientific knowledge and concepts in the physical sciences, life sciences, material sciences and space sciences with Information and Communication Technology.
- to acquire basic science process skills such as observing and recording, comparing, classifying, measuring and using apparatus, communicating, analysing, inferring and evaluating
- to acquire integrative skills such as problem solving, creative thinking and investigation with appreciation to the religious, social and cultural Melayu Islam Beraja (MIB) framework.
- to develop habits of mind such as interest and curiosity to explore, keenness to investigate, creativity to solve problems, confidence to find out and so things, collaboration in teamwork activities, concern for environment and adoption of safety rules while working
4. Teaching Staff and Departmental Duties
A committed, well trained, experienced and cohesive team of teaching staff who are multi-disciplinary to assist optimise your child’s learn learning.
|No.||Teacher's Name||Teaching Level / Departmental Duties|
|1||Mr Tan Ka Yu||Teaching Year 6 (Year 6 Examination), Science Olympiad, BASE Competition|
|2||Tcr Shanju Aslam||Secretary 1, Year 1 and Year 3 Resource Teacher, Teaching Year 1 and Year 2|
|3||Tcr Sajidah||Secretary 2, Year 2 Resource Teacher, Teaching Year 2|
|4||Mr Vincente Cabrera Jr.||Treasurer, ICAS Coordinator, ICT Resource Teacher, Year 4 and Year 5 Resource Teacher, Teaching Year 5|
|5||Cikgu Iswandy bin Ahmad||ICT Resource Teacher, Teaching Year 2|
|6||Ckg Hjh Zainab Bte Hj Abd Wahab||Teaching Year 1|
|7||Teacher Ngu Giong Gong||Teaching Year 1|
|8||Teacher Khor Shuh Ning||Teaching Year 4|
|9||Teacher Oriella Menghi||Teaching Year 4|
|10||Teacher Tang Sei Kiang||ICT Resource Teacher, Teaching Year 4|
2 Science Rooms equipped with ICT facilities, science equipments for investigative work and training for competitions as well as a spacious school compound with diverse flora and fauna for nature study.
- to develop and adjust effective pupil-centred strategies in teaching and learning to acquire knowledge with understanding, handling information and solving problems, experimental skills and investigations as well as develop habits of mind.
- to optimally use relevant teaching and learning resources that include ICT for differentiated learning among pupils
- to use a variety of diagnostic assessment tools taking into account of the mixed ability of pupils
Debug: specified directory - http://www.primary-yayasan.edu.bn/images/academic-departments/science/activities
Consistent tracked record of excelling performance in Science Olympiad, Science BASE and ICAS competitions.Warning: No images in specified directory. Please check the directoy!
Debug: specified directory - http://www.primary-yayasan.edu.bn/images/academic-departments/science/achievements
Towards a green and clean school conducive for sustainable learning science by inquiry to inculcate the value of the school motto “My school, My pride”.Warning: No images in specified directory. Please check the directoy!
Debug: specified directory - http://www.primary-yayasan.edu.bn/images/academic-departments/science/aspirations